Re: pleasure boaters

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Woman Bass Fishing Angler on September 16, 2002 at 16:04:00:

In Reply to: pleasure boaters posted by ab on September 03, 2002 at 11:02:36:

I was on Pickwick Lake for an Optimus Bass Tournament Benefit. I was the only female among about 26 boats and I was using my Safety Skills taught during Coast Guard Auxiliary Course. I was CUT OFF by another competitor that crossed from my right all the way to right in front of me on the left and SHUT DOWN. I almost climbed on board with my 19' bass boat with 200 HP Yamaha. I was very upset with the jerk. I was alone and was unable to see him when I had to shut down and bow was in the air. He hardly even turned his head. Later at the launch he saw me and came over and said, "I didn't realize you were in the tournament. I thought you were out pleasure fishing." What the heck guys, be courteous! No matter what another person is doing on the waterways..the water belongs to all boaters. Show courtesy and you will receive courtesy!! I was not rude to you, even at the weigh-in. It does leave a very bad impression for everyone. I saw all the other nice gentlemen in their boats and we all shared like safety rules. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]