Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 9-16-2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on September 15, 2002 at 18:15:24:

DATE: 09-16-02
LAKE LEVEL: 561.5
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: upper 80"s
WATER CLARITY: Good

First let start off by explaining the long lapse in reports.As you all knew I was going on vacation.However, The day we were to leave
I did not feel well.My wife checked my blood pressure and it was higher than a kite.She took me to the ER and before I knew it I was
going into the operating room for quadruple by-pass surgery.Needless to say I didn't expect this! Any way I am back once again!
Sorry it has been so long.Hope everyone enjoyed their summer.Now to more important things:::: FISHING!!!

CRAPPIE: We are starting to catch a few on deep ledges and drops.Also, any deep structure that you can find. Butch & Harry went
out the other day and probably caught 100 but only 11 were keepers. As soon as the surface temps get down and things cool off
things will just get better and better.

BASS: The bass are still on their summertime pattern.Buzz Baits and Spinner Baits early.Texas rigs later on in the morning using
soft plastics.

STRIPE: Catch a few in the tailwaters when they are generating.

BREAM: Bream are still doing great on Guntersville.If you have a child that likes to catch fish, this would be the perfect place to
take them as the bite is strong and furious.

CATFISH: Doing great after dark. Somein the 15 - 20lb range.

WHITE BASS:The white bass are showing up in schools pretty dog-gone good.The canal between the upper and lower lakes, the
flat up near Round Mountain, the Chatooga up around Cornwall Furnace and the river Channel from Riverside on up.

As you can tell the lake is low so please be careful! Hopefully I can recuperate quickly and get out there fishing real soon.As always
if I can help anyone just give me a call 256-927-6617 or send me an email.

Sincerely, "Glad to be home" Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]