Crappie work weekend

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on September 09, 2002 at 06:19:35:

Well, I got out over the last couple of days and did a little crappie "farming" and checking! Kerry was right, it is HOT!!!! Put out some feeders and did a little looking. Believe it or not, the shad are starting to show up on main river channels and also in structure. Water temps are still to high to expect alot of action. I got 85 in most places and the lowest I found was 83. Tried several of my spots and did catch some crappie. Had 6 that were keeper's. Caught 3 under a bridge and the rest (14) on deep structure, 25 feet. I looked back over my records and to my best guess, we are about 3.5 weeks away from the action picking back up. Kerry will get a kick out of this! As I was placing and looking for one of my old feeders from last year, I pulled it up and it was in bad shape. Looked like something had hit it but the funny part was, the rope that it was tied to had about 40 jigs on it from this past season. Every one of these jigs were mine and kerry's. I think what we need to do Kerry is realize that ROPES dont pull back! Anyway, everyone take care and as soon as the action picks up, look for my posts. Good luck and wear those life jackets!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]