Fall Crappie, looks like they may be late

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on September 04, 2002 at 21:46:35:

With all the really warm weather we KEEP having, even here in September, the crappie will probably be a little slow moving up into their usual fall haunts. That is not to say that crappie won't be caught in the next couple or 3 weeks though. Some folks are gluttens for heat punishment! (grin)

I usually look toward the middle of October for the crappie to really turn on in North Alabama, but this year they might be a little late unless the water temps are able to get down really fast from now until the middle of October. Of course, this is just my guess and it wouldn't surprise me if the crappie provied me wrong. Wouldn't be the first time! (grin) As I think I have said more than once, every time I think I have them figured out, they fool me again.

Here's to MUCH cooler weather and water!

On another note... I hope at least some of you have been able to give a hand to June and the Cub Scout Fishing Rodeo. Unfortunately, I can't participate this year, but I hope this forum has helped to get exposure and help for the event. Check the link below for more info:
http://home.hiwaay.net/~ksgrisse/wwwboard/messages/6489.html

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: