Re: Safer bet.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TroyJ on August 30, 2002 at 14:39:27:

In Reply to: Re: yellowtails for bait posted by ALex on August 30, 2002 at 06:48:05:

I get mine in Town Creek. They are usually bigger, and much easier to catch than those below the dam. Also, a lot safer, and you don't have to worry about losing the net. You can find them along the grass in front of Double Head in the morning, just ease along with the TM. Often they will be hanging around the docks in big schools. As the sun gets up, they will be schooled in the town creek channel or on the adjacent flat and you can get all you want without risking life and limb. You can also find them in the back of 6 mile, and in the back of Dunnagens. Smallie fishing is good now in the mid-river with live bait, but slow with artificials. Be sure to have some rock salt, and some frozen bottles of water to put in the bait barrel to help keep them alive. Use the circle type live bait hooks so you don't kill every smallie you catch. I also always set as soon as I feel them, and it saves the lives of a lot of smallmouth. Deep hooking kills them. Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]