Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 8-29-2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Fishing Report on August 28, 2002 at 18:27:17:

DATE: 8-29-02
LAKE LEVEL: 562.2
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 93.2
WATER CLARITY: Good

CRAPPIE:JR's Little River marina fished Monday for crappie.JR says they caught well over 100 but only 10 of them were
legal.Butch is like I am , to old,fat & lazy to go fishing.Harry is tied up in the Bass fishing mode.Did they catch 100? Yes, I think JR
is credible.Good sign for fall fishing! :-)

BASS: Bass are still on the same pattern they have been on. 12-18 feet down.The good catches of fish are still coming off the old
river channel. Texas rig and Pose 400. Naturally early and late is the best.

BREAM: Strong on Guntersville.Being taken on live crockets and wax worms.Some of the bream are going to a pound.Between 18
& 50 feet deep around cliffs and drop offs.Bad part about Guntersville, to my knowledge there is not a fish cleaning facility around
anywhere.It is basically a rich man's lake with several million dollar homes.There are several launch sites over there. If you leave
your truck & trailer at a ramp be sure it is a well lit and public place for safety.

STRIPE: I really do not have a clue.I have been told that they are catching a few in North Spring Creek. A few at night around the
bridges and the old river channel. I have talked to several bass fishermen that said they were catching a few out on the river
channel while bass fishing but that is not happening now.With my bad back, throwing a shad net is not an option.

CATFISH: Old river channel and around any of the fish cleaning stations after dark.Riverside,Hawg's Den, JR's Little River Marina
and Bay Springs Marina. Best bait is cut shad if you can get them.

BOW FISHERMEN! The lake is clear enough now you can come over here at night and just load the boat with then. We need to put
a dent in our gar & carp population.

The lake is well over two feet low.If you do not want to have a 1/2 prop sale you better be sure of where you are going. Thanks to
everyone help in my diagnosis.Many of you responded and I greatly appreciated the time that you took and your concern. Nice to
know you have fiends out there.

It is going to be another week or two before I can get out there on the water.If anybody sees any fish kills or polluters please email
me or call me right away.Due to the lack of rain and slow generation schedule, the oxygen content is dropping. The first to be
effected will be stripe.
Hope everyone has had a happy and safe summer. COME ON SEPTEMBER!! :-)
As always if there is something that I can help anyone with, do not hesitate to call me or email me.Thanks, Steve 256-927-6617
www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]