Re: Who goes to the Gulf?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on August 24, 2002 at 12:51:38:

In Reply to: Who goes to the Gulf? posted by Creek Freek on August 19, 2002 at 17:20:12:

Hello, been busy of late and just saw your post Creek!! Nice to see a few more have a "small salt" water addiction this far north HA!! and thanks Shane for the mention with Capt.Wilhite and Debbie,my group plan to be out with them on Sat sept 7th!! As for eating I have to agree with Ryno, Flounder is best ,with Scamp right beside them then grouper and snapper so close in good eating that they look like sardines In other words if you like to eat fish then,none of these are gonna dissapoint!! As for Trout they are fine table fare too!! Another little inshore fish thats great is the gray or mangrove snapper if you can find any 10 inches or longer , they are super and fun to tease into hitting a bull minnow and will surprise you with their power and ability to find a barnacale to cut you off!! As to deepsea fishing All of you are right id say 99% of the party boats are a boat ride,but if your budget is short and you have to go party boat ,i suggest you bite the bullet and buy some Cigar minnows (frozen) and fish with them exclusivley on every stop!! You will catch bigger fish if they are any there!! Finally Orange Beach has the best Snapperfishing and if you go longer trips can catch grouper and Amberjacks too, But for shorter trips and more Grouper Destin is the best , and they have a lot more walk up long trips than i have been able to find over in Orange Beach ( meaning 1 or 2 of you and your buds want to go but dont have a group of 6)Most trips there cost about 135 for 8 hour 170 for 10 and 200 for 12 and a lot of over nighters are run for 400/person,SO it isnt a cheap sport for sure ,im just glad i live so far away and can get down 3 or 4 times a year even if im only jetty fishing or pier fishing for the reds and specks nothing like it!!!one more thing in destin last year they started running $50 dollar 8 hour trips after the snapper fishing was closed,and they had good catches of amberjacks ,scamp and Grouper , so ill let you know if i see they gonna do that again!! How do you guys go to orange beach ?? it takes me from Huntsville right at 6 hours if i go 65 to foley exit vs about 5 and a half if i get off at flomation and go thru Penascola!! Also I can get to Destin even fast since it must be closer the way i go!! Snapper king

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]