Charter and Spec fishing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shane on August 20, 2002 at 20:00:51:

In Reply to: Who goes to the Gulf? posted by Creek Freek on August 19, 2002 at 17:20:12:

I go down there as often as i can--sometimes my friend Paul and I trailer my boat down there and fish for specs and reds. (weve got a couple of holes that produce fish all day long on live shrimp--at least if the tide is moving good) We also deep sea fish at least once a year (ive been 4 times this year). We are usually looking for one or two more to hook up with on the deep sea trips--we did a 12 hr trip saturday and had over 200lb of fish--6 amberjack in the 25 to 30 range, several scamp, a bunch of chicken dolphin, and a couple of nice snapper. Ended up with only three of us fishing. We want to do a 14 or 16 hr trip next year. Split 4 ways that trip will cost 400 each. Feb/March is the best time for big grouper and big amberjack--that would be a great time to do the long trip. As for the party boats at orange beach--they are not worth 5 bucks as far as we're concerned. Last time we made the mistake of going on one i caught 2 rubylips and paul had 1 keeper snapper in 6 hrs. 3 fish is a totally worthless day. It is ALWAYS worth the money to do a charter trip (at least with the right captain). We used bait bigger than what ive caught on those party boats in orange beach.

As for spec and red trips--there is a nice shell beach trip (less than 1 hr east of new orleans) that only costs 125 per person and 25 for the room (at a fish camp). We went this year and got blown off the water (30mph winds--we never left the cabin). I dont remember the captains name but he has been on the outdoor channel before--i'm definitely gonna try again next year.

If your interested in charter fishing keep a check on this board or shoot me an email.

Snapperking--we had an awesome trip with Jack and Debbi this past weekend. Ya'll definitely have something to look forward too. Maybe you or some of your group would like to catch up with us and do a private charter next year. Debbi said she remembered that you liked to do longer trips than most of the folks in your group. And after saturday, I dont think i want to do less than a 12 again--fishing on a long trip is so much better!!!!!

Shane

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]