Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 8-15-2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on August 14, 2002 at 21:57:37:

DATE: 8-15-02
LAKE LEVEL: 562.3
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 94.8
WATER CLARITY: Good

CRAPPIE: SLOW Still a little at night around the big bridges but not much.

BASS: Pretty good early and late. Texas rigged worms and soft plastics on the old river channel. Some success with Pose 400. Fish
still 10-14 feet down.
The old river channel is a big place. It goes for miles. Take your lake map and look for ditches.Idle up the old river channel and try
to find some structure. Fish can be caught but you are not going to catch them throwing at the bank like you did in April.Spend
some time with your map and find you some humps and drops. They all have brush on them. I live on the water and I see a lot of
people throwing at the bank this time of year and that is crazy.

STRIPE: We can't find them.They are here, a few of them being picked up with crankbaits and spinnerbaits out on the old river
channel but it is very few. The lake is down right at 2 feet and there would be no way to go up the Chatooga. I got a free tip the
other night that they were catching a few in North Spring Creek. With the water level like it is I cannot get in there with my
boat.They are catching several in the tale waters below Weiss Dam. But, The 2 ramps that I know about are so rough that you need
a 4 wheel drive vehicle to get in and out and they have to be generating.To find out the tentative generation schedule for Weiss or
Neely Henry just call 1-800LAKES11.

BREAM: Mrs. Cheryl and I went to Guntersville Wednesday the 14th. Caught a few and they were pretty good fish.Using crickets
35-50 feet deep. If you want to buy crickets holler back at me because I only know of one place where you can get crickets.

WHITE BASS: I am sure they are still at their old haunts but until I can sit in the boat all day I can just tell you where they ought to
be and that is going to be an early and late bite also. The mouth of Cowan and Spring.There is a good ramp right there at
Rooster's. Be careful about the road bed out there before you drop into the channel.Cotton Patch at the old cotton gin and the
Chatooga up by Corwall Furnace. Weiss Lake Improvement Association has put up channel markers if you haven't been up there. I
guarantee if you get out of the channel you will have a 1/2 off lower unit sale.Also, the old river channel above Riverside up to the
mouth of Mud Creek.You can also troll for them like you do crappie. They are going to be about 2 foot deep in 20 feet of water. If
you are going to throw at them in the jumps a white Rooster Tail works well.Also double 1/32 oz jigs on a weighted float.

CATFISH: Catfish are still strong.Best bite is after dark. Cut shad is still the best or whatever you can find to use.Jugs, trot lines or rod
and reel, it doesn't matter.

If there are any rocket scientists out there I need a little help. My radiologist sent me a report and there is a word in the report that I
cannot find anybody that knows what it means. (retrolisthesis). I don't know whether I caught something got something or got rid of
something.As always if you need any help just holler. Thanks, Steve www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]