HOT weather and NAFF updates

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on July 31, 2002 at 21:02:13:

Hey Folks,

Sorry I haven't been very active on the board lately, but this time of year is definitely NOT my favorite for fishing! TOO HOT!!! The sweat to fish ratio is just not good for me this time of year. (grin)

I have made a few short fishing ventures from the bank, but the results have been less than what it would take to get me out more often. Thankfully, I still have several containers of crappie in the freezer! (smile)

The willowflies are still hatching from time to time on Wheeler, but you will have to search for them... and be lucky in your timing to be there when they are. The last hatch I saw was on the Hwy31 causeway at Decatur about a week or so ago. There were lots of flies, but few decent sized fish. The better fish may have been more numerous around the train causeway, but I didn't get my boat out to see.

I have some updated lake level and temperature data files from July 15, 2002, but haven't had a chance to get them all up on the site yet. I hope to do this soon, sorry for the delay. If you really have to have them before I get them up on the site let me know and I will attach the zip file to an email for you. The new files include:

Browns Ferry Intake Temps
Colbert Steam Plant Intake Temps
Guntersville Dam Release Temps
Pickwick Dam Release Temps
Wheeler Dam Release Temps
Wilson Dam Release Temps

Guntersville Water Levels
Pickwick Water Levels
Wheeler Water Levels
Wilson Water Levels

All of these .jpg image files are updated for July 15, 2002.

Looking forward to fall and MUCH cooler weather!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

P.S.

If you are using a Hotmail address and are subscribed to the NAFF via Email:

I am getting warning messages from that mail server about deferred mail to all hotmail addresses on the NAFF via Email mailing list. If you are not receiving the NAFF messages and are using Hotmail, please check with them for resolution.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]