Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 7-4-2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on July 04, 2002 at 05:30:21:

DATE: 7-4-02
LAKE LEVEL: 563.9
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 78.4 on top to 86.8 2 foot deep
WATER CLARITY: Good

CRAPPIE: catching a few at night under the bridges. Cowan and Spring Creeks. Minnows work best.

BASS: Strong! Still in 3-6 feet of water.Buzz Bait early or Spinnerbait.Carolina rig, French Fry worms or Lizards on drops and humps
3-6 feet deep.Best color is still pumpkinseed.

BREAM: Done for now on Guntersville in any numbers.

STRIPE: Stripe fishing has been slow. Fished Sunday with Danny and Cathy out of Atlanta and we had 12 good fish.Fishing a drop
close to the old river channel.Stripe being taken along the old river channel edges 12-18 feet deep with live shad as best
bait.Mouth of Yellow Creek still holding a few fish where she drops off into the Coosa.Best bite is daylight to 10 am & 4pm to
dark.Water temperature is warming and shad are a whole lot easier to come by.

WHITE BASS: Saw a school of white bass in the mouth of Cowan creek 4:30 until dark.Also a big school in the mouth of Mud Creek
late.Also white bass surfacing around Cornwall Furnace in the Chatooga.Pretty good activity in Powerhouse, the 1st island as you
go in.Best bait is a Rooster Tail, white or chartreuse.

CATFISH: Strong from the bank or jug fishing or trot lining.Best bait is cut shad.Best place to fish from the bank are still fish
cleaning stations such as Riverside,Pruett's,Bay Springs,JR's and my dock.

Everybody that is expecting my opinion on depth finders and how to keep shad alive, I am trying to get a few things done prior to
surgery on the 11th.After that I will have plenty of sit down time and I promise to do those articles for you.You might be surprised
with what I have to say about "so called" fish finders.My next report will be after the 11th. Good fishing to everyone and as always if
you need help just holler.I am going to have plenty of boring time on my hands.Also please send me any comment or questions
you have about fish finder/depth finders.Thanks, Steve 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]