Re: Stripe Fishing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shad Lips on June 25, 2002 at 23:42:53:

In Reply to: Re: Stripe Fishing posted by BrockLang on June 25, 2002 at 17:05:17:

Usually 1/2 to 3/4 oz egg sinkers will be just fine. If you are fishing on the wall you should make a quartering cast upstream and give slack line so you bait will sink by the time it gets straight out from you. Then with your rod held high, walk down the wall bouncing along the bottom as you go. If they are generating at full load the current will be too fast to fish on the wall and you should go downstream where the current slows somewhat. Stand on a rock near the edge and make your upstream quartering cast and bounce bottom. You won't be able to walk with your bait to keep it in the strike zone along the rocks. Be prepared to get hung pretty often. If you're not getting hung occasionally you are not fishing deep enough! Be sure to keep your drag set loose like your had 8# line spooled on your reel. I use 17-20# line and a large capacity reel.

By the way, I lost a BIG striper Sunday while fishing from my boat. It pulled so hard that the hook finally popped out. At least we've still got a big 'un to fish for. Good Luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]