Guntersville Bass

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on June 24, 2002 at 06:32:22:

My brother-in-law was down from North Caralina and wanted to go Bass fishing. I decided to go to "G" and try it. We started off fishing Alreds and did not leave! Unfortunately TVA had sprayed in that area on 6/18, signs were posted on the ramp. Seemed like the spraying was only close to shore and did not effect the off shore oriented fish. Started throwing 12 inch red bug worm and caught 4 keepers right off the bat! Tried top water but did git bit till later in on the day. My brother-in-law caught 2 keepers on the same bait. As the wind got up out of the east, we moved to an area that was out of the wind and fish were really bunched up. I started throwing a Pop-R and got another keeper right away. About 3.5 lb'er. The very next cast, got another one on what I thaught was about 3 lbs but to my surprise was much bigger once I got it to the boat. 7 pound 11 ounces. By far the largest fish I have ever landed on a Pop-R. When it was all said and done, my brother-in-law and I ended the day with 14 keepers. Best five right @ 20 lbs. Why could'nt I have had that the week before in my tournament? Water in Guntersille is very clear in most places. Grass is in great shape and topping out. Shouldnt be long before the rat bite picks up. By the way all fish were released to be caught another day. Good luck and wear those life jackets!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]