Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 6-20-2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on June 19, 2002 at 22:57:37:

DATE: 6-20-02
LAKE LEVEL: 563.3
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 78.3 in am actual surface temp, 2 foot deep 85.6. 88.1 pm.
WATER CLARITY: Upriver - so so , Trotters kind of bad Dead boy fishable, Waterhouse fishable but clearing,Godfrey's Island good
shape, Three Mile Creek OK, River Channel from State Line down to big bridge dingy but clearing. Cowan creek & Spring Creek
fishable.Little River pretty good shape.Chatooga dingy,Big Nose & Little Nose barely fishable.Yellow Creek good shape,Crazy
Woman fair,Churchouse fishable,Rosegarden good shape,Powerhouse good shape.

CRAPPIE: Few being taken at night under the bridges with lanterns.A few still being caught shooting docks.

BASS: Bass fishing is still strong.Texas rig around the banks.Carolina rigs in 3-5 feet of water.Humps still the best
place.Pumpkinseed & motor oil seem to be the colors.The bass still are not very deep.Buzz baits work early.Some crankbaits being
used on the old river channel edges where she runs 3-5 feet up on top.Keep your bait small because the shad are small.French Fry
worms still doing good.Please conserve our resources.

STRIPE: Fished a sportswriter on the 14th in a hurricane.Shad were hard to come by but we did OK. We fished for about an hour
and a half and had 13 fish.The cold front came thru on Friday night with a 4 inch rain, dropped the temp back almost 9
degrees.Put the shad deep and hard to come by.Fished Brother Decker and his son Ron on the 16th out of Montgomery.Surface
temp was low 70's. Fished as hard as anybody could fish for two.Had 5 o6 on and lost them.Had 8-9 runs and couldn't hook up.I
guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching. Bought a new depth finder for the trolling motor on the 17th.Took Mrs. Cheryl
out basically to check the depth finder, and by the way the depth finder I bout would make a real good anchor.Located some fish in
the mouth of Yellow Creek.Fish were suspended in 20-25 feet of water 15-16 feet deep.I will be fishing Friday, Saturday & Sunday
and I will post what I find.

WHITE BASS: Saw a big white bass jump up at Cornwall Furnace in the Chatooga. I believe I marked some white bass at the old
cotton gin.Cotton several reports about white bass showing up in Waterhouse. People trolling for them just like they would for
crappie.

CATFISH: Same as always, come and get them.For you catfish fishermen email me and I will tell you where and what.

Still working on a formula for holding shad for an extended period of time.Real close.

For us fishermen that fish suspended fish, crappie,bass in the fall,stripe all the time, a good fishfinder and you are right there.Bad
electronics and you are flapping.If you can't see them and you cannot tell how deep they are you are not going to catch them.I
have a garage full of depth finders.Been at the hospital all day, tired and give out, next fishing report I will give out what I know
and have tried as far as fish finders are concerned and some manufacturers are not going to like what I say.
AS always, we try to help you the best we can if you are broke down, stranded or just need some help.For my desperate Kentucky
angler with his Johnson motor that went south, I hope that Buck's & JD took good care of you. And since I haven't heard back from
you I presume they did. Good Summer to all and Tight Lines! Thanks, Steve 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]