Re: Stripers at G'ville Dam

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on June 19, 2002 at 16:43:54:

In Reply to: Stripers at G'ville Dam posted by BrockLang on June 19, 2002 at 16:20:35:

I was below Guntersville dam about a week ago or so and it was tough. I think the turbines turned on about 2pm and nearly all of them came on within about 10 or 20 minutes. I managed to catch a few very small salts and a couple of white bass and yellow stripe on small jigs. Didn't see anyone catching anything else while I was there.

With that said... Make sure to check the turbine generation schedule before you go!!! If no turbines are on then you will probably not have much luck at all. Click the link at the top of the NAFF page for Tennessee River Lakes Informaiton and you will find a link for the TVA Lake Information Page there.

Most of the folks fishing from the bank use shad minnows netted or dipped from the bank when they are running. Some use "crawly bottoms", but I am not real familiar with them. You can also use large sassyshad type lures and other jigs, especially if the fish are really active.

The main thing is to check the turbine generation schedule. That's about all I know, but I am sure some of the folks who regularly fish the G'ville dam will post replies here also.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]