Re: What report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on June 19, 2002 at 16:33:02:

In Reply to: What report posted by PFord on June 19, 2002 at 16:07:44:

Mark also posted about what types of rigs the bass were hitting on and that some were taken from the millfoil. Since Wheeler is severely lacking in millfoil, that alone gives you an idea of where they were fishing. Although Mark's post was not the best fishing "report" that I have ever seen, it has good information for those willing to see it. I can't see how posting the names of those involved in a local tourney would add more useful information for most folks and the size of the stringers is a good indication of what size fish are/were active. You have to read between the lines to glean as much info as possible from any post.

Here is a cut and paste of Mark's post:

"If you were not bass fishing yesterday afternoon on Wheeler then you missed out on probably the best day of fishing this year. 24
boats in the tourney with at least 20 bringing in a limit of fish. Had more big fish weighed last night than we have weighed in the
last month or longer. 1st-18.2,2nd-13.6,Tie for 3rd-13.0 and Big Fish of 6.3 lbs. I lost count of the stringers over 10 lbs which had
been good sacks until last night. Fish are being caught on about any pattern you care to fish with topwater,texas rig,carolina rig
and spinner bait in the milfoil."

I appreciate everyone who posts reports or tried to help other fishermen here, including a post from you, I think, pointing someone to Madison County Lake.

Now, let's end this silly thread here. Thanks!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]