Memorial Day Fishing Experience

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Louis T. on May 24, 2002 at 06:05:59:

I went fishing about 3 years ago on Memorial Day at Wilson Lake. My better-half and myself launched at Turtle Point early that morning.There were only about 4 other boats that launched before I did.. Later that morning the water started to get crowded with jet skiiers,pleasure boats and cabin cruisers.I decided it was time to hang up the fishing for the day and let the pleasure boaters have the lake(we had already had our fun cathing a few smallies).When we got back to the launch ramp,there were about a half dozen of pleasure boaters waiting to launch and another half dozen or so fishermen waitng to pull out. I could not believe the pleasure boaters taking their times to launch .They would back down the ramp to the edge of the water and THEN start to load their boats with coolers,water skiis,tie the skii ropes onto their boats and so on and so forth. Needless to say that I and the other fishermen were a little irate at these folks taking their time.This led me to believe that this is how Turtle Point got it's name.These folks should hae been ready to launch with all of their gear IN THE BOAT.. Needless to say,I have not been fishing on a Memorial Day since that experience.I plan to stay at home and enjoy the company of friends and family. I think we will just "tip a few and bar-b-que"..A safe and happy Memorial Day and GOOD FISHING TO ALL....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]