Re: Need Fishin' help for Madison Co. Cub Scouts

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on May 21, 2002 at 15:39:07:

In Reply to: Need Fishin' help for Madison Co. Cub Scouts posted by June on May 20, 2002 at 14:00:18:

I would like to help out, but that date is so far away, I can't guarantee attendance at this time. What I can do is perhaps use my digital camera and computer to create media material of various types of lures such as jerk-baits (hard and soft), plastic worms, topwater, spinnerbait, etc. I can make poster size color stuff (up to 36 in. wide) or individual packages of information if there are not too many kids involved. Might even get my employer to pitch in even if lots of color copies would be required, but don't hold me to that. I know Alabama DNR (Department of Natural Resources) has a "how to" book on fishing on their web site that you might want to print out. However, a color printout with today's most popular lures, perhaps with some text, would probably be a pretty cool thing to have. Other people may have some ideas and suggestions to enhance this "popular lure" presentation. Ohhhh... I guess I am short sighted here and thinking about bass fishing only. Maybe we could expand to include black bass (3 very popular types locally including smallmouth, largemouth, and kentucky spotted), bream (I probably incorrectly group bluegill, shellcracker, and all small sunfish in this group... will have to study my Fishes of Alabama book), crappie, catfish, etc. and the best lures/bait for each.

I plan to make the media in MS Word so anyone that wishes to review and contribute could do so.

Let me know if this sounds beneficial. We can discuss more details via e-mail if interested. In case you don't know, click on my underlined name at the top of the page for a link to email.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]