Re: Big-uns!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shad Lips on May 20, 2002 at 17:40:18:

In Reply to: Big-uns!! posted by Ryno on May 19, 2002 at 06:37:41:

I don't know much about night fishing for catfish below the dam. Most of them should be downstream along the bluffs below Shoal Creek and near Painted Bluff. Spawning time is here and they usually choose ledges, nooks, and crannies along the bluffs for an out of the current hideway to take care of business. I think a boat would be your best bet for the next few weeks for catfish.

Since you're restricted to bank fishing, you should try for some stripers/hybrids. I was there this morning to catch some bait and the folks on the wall were wearing them out. I was only there for a few minutes and saw several caught with the largest weighing around 9 lbs.

By the way, it is rumored that I live in Arab and I'm a G-ville Dam fishin' guru. That's only partially true. I do live in Arab which is on top of a mountain, and sometimes I smell funny, but that doesn't necessarily make me a "guru". I've logged many hours of fishing there because it's a short haul from my house to the boat ramp and a good place to get your line stretched. Good Luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]