Re: Big-uns!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on May 19, 2002 at 23:04:20:

In Reply to: Big-uns!! posted by Ryno on May 19, 2002 at 06:37:41:

Ryno - I wish I could answer your questions, but I too have had the same experiences below G-ville dam many years ago. When they used to allow camping, I camped many nights and never caught any decent cats. Most of the nice ones I caught were during the day like you. It has been 15 years ago, or so since I camped and tried this... dang, I am getting old.... but, one thing I remember is catching hybrids at night on chicken livers. A stripe will eat livers or cut bait too. About the best I ever did was to toss out some lines and check them the next morning. I would always have a few cats or some bare hooks. Maybe they eat closer to dawn?? I have certainly had some GREAT success in ponds at night, but never below the dam.

Maybe I was never at the right place at the right time which is at least half of the magic formula for fishing. If anyone has insight on this I would be curious to hear it. What about you shad lips...?? You seem to be a (g-ville) dam guru. You must be an Arabian night??

I have not fished any in May because I spend spare time getting ready for a stupid company golf tournament. I am having withdrawals to get back on the water and hope to do so in the next weeks. Will post if I have any luck!!

Good luck!
jd

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]