Florence fishing and annoying messages

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on May 19, 2002 at 19:09:26:

I was in Florence this weekend sans boat. Not much luck on bream or stripe/white bass, but I did manage to catch one very small saltwater stripe, one small white bass, a sauger approximately 14 inches but skinny and one 10.5 inch white crappie. All of these were caught below Wilson dam at the Rock Pile from the bank. I was using various jigs in mostly a shad or white pattern. The hit from the bank is TOTALLY dependant on which generators are running at Wilson.

Talked to a couple of folks who have fished there from the bank the last few days and they said a few small keeper crappie and sauger are being taken and from time to time good sized stripe (salts and hybrids). Water flow is the determining factor for whether or not you can catch anything of any size. I don't know the numbering of the turbines at Wilson, but it seems that if the turbines nearest the south bank are running the hit is MUCH better, at least from the bank.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

P.S.

From time to time some annoying people post annoying messages on the NAFF. Most of the time I catch them nearly as soon as they are posted, but I can't carry the NAFF in my hip pocket. So, sometimes these annoying messages may not be deleted as soon as I would like to delete them.

In ANY CASE, please do NOT respond to these annoying messages!!! This is what the trolls and other annoying people are waiting for; someone to take the bait. Please don't respond in any way to such messages. If you must write something, then send an email directly to me. I read everything that is posted here and do my best to keep the NAFF a "G" rated forum and free from commercial garbage. I can't be here all the time or I would never be able to go fishing! (smile)

Thanks for keeping this in mind,

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]