Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 5-13-2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on May 13, 2002 at 23:23:11:

DATE: 5-13-02
LAKE LEVEL: 565.8
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 71 in am - 77 in pm
WATER CLARITY: Terrible upriver - fishable downriver

CRAPPIE: We are done except for night fishing under the bridges using live bait with lights.Cowan Creek bridge and Spring Creek
bridge both good places.

BASS: Bass are herded up in the weeds using spinnerbaits, top water baits and jerk baits.Spots still out on the humps.Carolina rig
with french fry worm. Best I can tell the spawn is done.They are hungry and aggressive.Major tournament out of the Hawg's Den this
past weekend with 100+ boats. 5 fish limit. First place was won by Scott Evans & Marcus Terry with a weight of 17.83.Second place
was won by Jeff Woodall & Robert Taylor with 17.74 and third place was on by Lee Pitts and Mo Spears with 17.61.Talk About
Close!!
Fellers, 17.8 pounds of fish is strong! Keep in mind that we had the best spawn in the history of this lake in 1999.It ain't going to do
nothing but get better! Catch & Release WORKS!!

BREAM: I have fished Guntersville for the last 5 days. I start at 9 and limited out by 12:00.Keeping only filletable fish.

STRIPE: Still have not found them.We will and I will let you where.If you watch my website and read my fishing report you know I
don't talk with a "forked tongue paleface!".

WHITE BASS: Starting to show up in numbers in the Cornwall Furnace \ Chattooga River.Rooster tails, white in color.

CATFISH: Catfish trying to spawn.Fish the rip-rap.Big bridge in Leesburg area in the rocks.

I am sorry for the late fishing report but if it hasn't changed I do not have a lot to say.If it ain't broke don't fix it! If you get down here
and have boat or car trouble or need a friend, and before you pay somebody $70.00 bucks an hour to work on it , "Holler at me". Or
if you need to call me, call after 5pm and before 7 pm.
Now for my tip of the week: If you are paying big dollars for flea medicine for your pet, go to Wal-Mart and feed your dog or cat
Brewers Yeast with Garlic, 1 tablet per 10 pounds and you flea problem is DONE! We keep our dog on it 12 months of the year and
we haven't had a flea problem in 10 years.Again, if you need help holler. Steve 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com

PS: Scott & Tim, the winners of the Ohio drawing for a free trip please tell everybody how you did and how you were treated..And
by the way, it was a pleasure to fish with someone who could fish. If you don't post a response to this on the chat board I am going
to cut me a hickory switch!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]