Re: 1,000,000.00 dollar bass released in guntersville

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on May 08, 2002 at 16:30:17:

In Reply to: Re: 1,000,000.00 dollar bass released in guntersville posted by renard on May 08, 2002 at 15:57:38:

After reading the info, THE million dollar fish is not necessarily in Lake Guntersville. There are 40 lakes in the contest, and only one fish is released in each lake, with only one of the 40 being worth a million and the others a thousand bucks. So, to be precise, there is a largemouth worth at least $1,000 on Guntersville Lake and perhaps $1,000,000. They probably dropped the tagged fish near the dam where nobody fishes (as) much for largemouth?? If that is the case, I don't stand a chance!

My guess for ol' Big Jake is that he is a yellow perch in Lake Erie. With over six million acres of water, roughly 100 miles by 100 miles, with depths up to 210 feet, I would say that you will get struck my lightning at least hundreds of times, if not thousands, before you catch a single tagged yellow perch named Jake within the next month before the contest ends.

Hope is the name of the game. I have been trying to break the 10 pound mark for largemouth for many hundreds of moons, and lately seem to keep catching the same old 14.5 inch fish on Lake Guntersville over and over. LOL

Good luck in the search for Jake, and at least, good luck fishing for ol' mossy jaw or whatever it is that keeps you going back to the water time after time!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]