Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 4-24-2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on April 24, 2002 at 21:59:47:

DATE: 04-24-02
LAKE LEVEL: 563.2
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 69 in am - 72 in pm (Has been up to 80 before this last front)
WATER CLARITY: Good

CRAPPIE: My partner Butch fished Jim out of Pulaski, TN on the 16th and he had 30 keepers with one 3 pounder.He fished Paul &
Mary out of Prospect,KY on the 17th and had 60.He fished the Gary Lawrence Party and had 60 on the 18th.On the 19th he fished
Tim and David from TN and they had 60.On the 20th he fished Sean Hall out of Atlanta for 35. Butch located some fish on Neely
Henry that would cooperate.But, keep in mind that Butch fishes everyday and your average fisherman cannot expect to do anything
like this.I believe that the reason why Butch was able to locate the fish on Neely Henry is because they held that lake at almost full
pool all year.Also they have a 9 inch size limit rather than 10 inches as is on Weiss.I have been bream fishing.Harry has had one
trip for bream on Guntersville with Jimmy and they had 72.And Harry also took a crappie trip to Guntersville with a nice couple and
they managed to whack out 30 keepers with 6 of them being over 2 lbs and that's not with an elbow scale.
Fellows, what Butch and I are able to do is because of many, many years on the water.Don't expect to do what we are able to do
because it ain't going to happen.It is not that you are a bad fisherman it is just that you do not have the time on the water.That's
the only difference between our fishing and yours.

BREAM: Fished Amos out of Knoxville the 14th and 15th and we limited out both days.I fished Brian & Tony on the 17th and we
had 122.I fished Mike out of Lexington on the 23rd and we had 60+ and on the 24th we had 70+.All bream fishing has been on
Guntersville.Bream are all nice size.The problem with fishing Guntersville is that it is a big open area and if the wind gets up you
be forked.(As in well done).

BASS: Bass fishing on Weiss has been strong.Break out your maps and look for the shallow humps and road beds.Carolina rigged
with French Fry worms.Pumpkinseed seems to be doing well.The tournament here Saturday out of Bay Springs took 5 fish and 18
lbs to win it.

STRIPE: I haven't been stripe fishing.But I am off Monday and Tuesday the 29th & 30th.Going to give her one big look and see
what I can find.I will post an update to let you know what I have found.Stripe fishing on Weiss Lake is very liberal.We have a limit of
30 per person and no this is not a misprint.

WHITE BASS: I have been told by Buddy's Guide Service that they located some in Waterhouse,Chainsaw and State Line Cove.

CATFISH:About anywhere you want to fish but fish cleaning stations are still producing large numbers.

Sorry about the late fishing report. I am "purty" tired.A lot of the questions you email me with please post thru the chat board
because a lot of people ask the same question.I appreciate the activity on the chat board and all the support.If we would all share
just a little we all would be better off.I am very encouraged by the recent activity.
Here's an oldie: "Plant your corn early, don't pee in the wind and don't buy a Compaq computer" LOL :-)
Good fishing to everyone and tight lines to all !!!
You die-hard crappie fishermen, they are picking up some crappie at night under the Cowan Creek bridge along with some
stripe.Same thing at the Spring Creek bridge.
As always if I can help just give me a "holler" Thanks, Steve, Butch & Harry 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]