Re: Wheeler Dam

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bluewater on April 24, 2002 at 17:10:26:

In Reply to: Wheeler Dam posted by Randall on April 24, 2002 at 15:34:26:

I fished over there yesterday afternoon from 3 till dark. Had 3 Rock's to 12#, ~20 stripes/hybrids to 3# and enough stinking drum to sink a barge! No Smallies though. What the hell has happened to the SM fishing below Wheeler???! Up until last year we ALWAYS hammered them this time of year on shad. Been 5 times this spring and NOT ONE fish in my boat and we've only seen 2 others caught?

SW Stripe do not seem to be in this year either... best day so far has been 7 with the largest going 18lb-12oz. Last year our best day was 48 SW Stripe...

Not to get on a soap box, but PLEASE let these fish go unless they are fatally injured by the hook. Way too much fun to catch too kill them to eat - that's what the hybrids and whites are good for... Nothing wrong with keeping an occational fish or two - but I saw some DUMB-A$$ with over 20 10#+ SW Stripe in a cooler last year - too bad the GW didn't show up faster, and yes, I did call him!

BTW - we did watch a guy absolutely smash the catfish on shad guts - he must have caught 40 or more!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]