Re: It Is Disgraceful

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on April 18, 2002 at 20:44:51:

In Reply to: It Is Disgraceful posted by Larry on April 18, 2002 at 20:32:15:

I hear you Larry! Not only is it all that you said, but throwing ANY fish on the bank is illegal. We just don't have enough game wardens or other officials to properly patrol and police Alabama's waters or wilderness for that matter.

When I see someone throw a shad or skip-jack on the bank, I ask them to please throw it back in the water and explain the reasons why they should. It usually works and hopefully they won't do it again. Another problem is folks who leave their litter or trash on the bank or dispose of it on the water from their boat. Mainly I see the evidence of it on the bank. Even when there is a trash can within just a few feet! Geez! I wonder if these folks even bother to wipe their bottom when they go to the bathroom if they are too lazy to walk a few steps and place their trash in a trash can. What if there is no trash can? If you pack it in, you pack it out was what I was told when I was growing up.

Anyway, I'm right with you on this one. It is one of my pet peeves. (among many...grin)

Good luck and good fishin'

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]