Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 4-12-2002, crappie update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on April 12, 2002 at 22:07:49:

DATE: 04-12-02

CRAPPIE: Surface temp: 68 in am- 71 pm
2 foot down almost the same
Trolling a 1/32 at 1.4-1.5. 5 feet, 8 feet, or 2 feet of water relatively the same. Crappie are shallow, shallow, shallow.Probably
throwing a float against the bank and reeling it back a good way to fish.Fish the docks and fish in-between the docks.Crappie season
is getting shorter, it is almost done.

Went Bream fishing at Guntersville today and caught probably 600.Kept a strong 150 (or 3 limits).Caught only males.The females
are not far behind.Kept nothing if it wasn't the size of your hand or bigger.

Best I can tell the birds are about gone.Now you are going to have to look for the stripe.Some stripe feeding and working behind
and in front of the third island in Powerhouse.Also some working the channel edges out back of the Hawg's Den.Some also located
at the mouth of Churchouse, the flat out in front of sailboat,road bed in Yellow Creek, and also where Yellow Creek drops off into
the Chatooga.I am sure there are other places, I just don't know about them.

Bass fishing is strong.Spinnerbaits and Crankbaits.Coves seem to be the best.Pig-n-Jig not working to well under the docks yet but it
will.

Catfish: Anywhere and everywhere.Best bait crappie rib cages for the really big ones around the fish cleaning stations.

Carp are spawning in the shallows mostly around the grass.Lot of carp suspended under docks.,visible if you look.Where are the bow
hunter?Come on and get them!

Alabama Power still pulling water and the lake is still below full pool.Water color marginal.Most areas the channel is now clearer
than the coves.

We hand out a lot of information.All of it reliable and up to date.But, a little bit of feedback would be nice.We are all in the same
boat.If fishermen would stick together and hand out a little information everybody would have a better day.Get back to me on the
chat board and maybe I can answer everyone's questions at one time.Hope to see you at Coyote's for breakfast.Let me know if I can
help! Steve 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]