Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 4-8-2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on April 08, 2002 at 22:48:56:

UPDATE: 04-08-02

LAKE LEVEL: 562.1
NORMAL FULL POOL:564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 59.1 in am ( 2 foot down was 60.1) and pm was 60( and 2 foot down was still 60.1)
WATER CLARITY: Some places good some not so good.Channel upriver is clear.Channel downriver dingy.Coves are clearing.

Waterhouse: Water color marginal.White bass are gone and most of the birds are gone.Caught 18 nice crappie shooting docks and
working in between the docks.Caught everything and green/black/green.

Tucker: Water color marginal.Picked up 7 fish in Tucker.Again shooting docks and fishing in between the docks.All fish were
shallow.

Dead Boy: Birds are gone. White bass are gone.Fished my buns off for 0.

Trotters Cove: Good looking water.Picked up 14. Also on green/black/green.Same pattern.

Crappie are spawning as we speak.Most everything I caught today was black as the ace of spades.With no more cold fronts they
should stay shallow for the next 2 weeks.Heavy rains predicted for tonight.It may turn my lemonade into lemons.I have flapped so
much I guess I have gotten used to it.

BASS: Bass fishing is back strong! Catching on about whatever you want to throw at them. Crankbaits,Spinnerbaits, Lizards,Worms,
all of them related to structure or a drop.Anything with blue in it seems to be good.

STRIPE: If the wind would quit blowing, there is pretty good stripe activity in Powerhouse and also the mouth of Churchouse.The
flat in front of sailboat, the old road bed in Yellow Creek. As the river clears down it will just get hotter & hotter if we could just get
rid of the wind and we don't get slammed again with the rain.

WHITE BASS: They be getting slimmer & slimmer.Still catch a few in Dead Boy and Waterhouse but I think they have spawned out
and headed for open water.

CATFISH: Any fishing cleaning station is holding large numbers of catfish.Trot line fishermen are doing very well.Jug fishermen
using cut shad doing very well.Bank fishermen using night crawlers are doing pretty good.

Crappie are spawning!The peak of the season is behind us ( if there was one).Some of the females I caught today were spawned
out and others were just starting.All the males have been rubbing.They are red as fire.After spawning they should go on their post
spawn feeding pattern.The techniques that we use on Weiss Lake can be used almost anywhere along with the patterns that the fish
are on.

I answer a couple hundred emails a night.I would really like you to go to the chat board and post your fishing questions or
comments.I answer the same questions many times a night.If you get a chance to buy the April/May issue of Southern Sportsman
there will be an article about crappie fishing in February by John Phillips.If you have questions about lodging, jigs and so forth
please continue to email me.Just post your fishing questions on the board for everyone else to see and enjoy.Anyone is welcome
to put there 2 cents worth on the Chat Board.As always if we can help you in any way just "holler" See you at Coyote's for breakfast.
Steve 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]