Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 4-6-2002 - crappie update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on April 06, 2002 at 18:30:08:

DATE: 4-6-02
LAKE LEVEL: 562.7
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 54 actual, 2 ft. down 63*F
WATER CLARITY: Terrible in the channel,most of the coves are clearing and fishable.

I fished Friday 4-5-02. The fish were suspended 8-12 foot deep in 16-20 feet of water.Pulling a 1/16th a very long cast and a couple
of pulls.Blue was the color for yesterday.Caught fish that had been shallow.And you ask me how does he know that? Easy, they had
their spawning colors on.They had turned black.If they had not been shallow the would be real white.The weather is shaping
up.The water is warming.But God bless them here comes Alabama Power.They jerked almost 3 feet of water out of the lake in 3
days.Crappie, Bass nor Stripe do well on falling water.Hopefully, Alabama Power with Larry, Mo & Curly in charge, will let the water
level stabilize.If this happens and the weatherman is right in his forecast this could be the week! Say your prayers! I am sorry, If you
do not like the answer do not ask the question.Lets all hope that this is the end of the slow fishing!I do not have much hair left and I
hope I do not have to pull out anymore.Also, we are still catching some good quality fish just not a lot of them.
As always, you can look me up for breakfast at Coyote's or call me.Be glad to help if I can. 256-927-6617
www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]