WATER CONDITIONS:

Surface Temp: River Channel----65.9
2 feet down-------61.3
All Coves----------72.4
2 feet down-------68.9

WATER CLARITY:

RIVER CHANNEL: Rolling Mud
POWERHOUSE: 75% very nice, 25% muddy
CHURCHOUSE: Front 1/2 muddy, back 1/2 (inc telephone slough) not so bad.
ANDERSON: Front 1/2 muddy, back 1/2 pretty good
SAILBOAT: Terrible
CHESTNUT (CRAZY WOMAN) : Front 1/2 bad, back 1/2 pretty good.
YELLOW CREEK: Yuck
ROUND MOUNTAIN COVE: Front 1/2 bad, back 1/2 pretty good.
LITTLE RIVER: From Jr's to the Chatooga River rough shape.From pole L2 back not too bad.
BLACK MALLARD: Sad shape
Bay Springs: sad shape
COWAN CREEK: sad shape
SPRING CREEK: rough
PADDLEBOAT: clearing, fishable
TROTTERS: not good
RIVERSIDE: not good
DEAD BOY: rough
WATERHOUSE: kinda sorta fishable
CHAINSAW: not bad
STATELINE: Rough
GODFREY'S: Great shape back 1/2

32 gallons of gas later I will give you a fishing report.Overall fishing is slow.The water is doing better than I thought it would.The
fish want to spawn.But, the fish being caught are still 8-10 feet deep except for Godfrey's.5-6 foot deep in 8-10 feet of water.The
lake is 6-9 inches over pool and not stable yet.They are letting it out about as fast as it is coming in.Fish are spread out bad.The
fish that are being caught are good ones.The quantity is not there but the quality is.Average fisherman 3-8 a day.It is going to break
wide open.But the $64 question is when? So far this has been the worst spring in memory.It cannot get any worse, its just got to get
better.All the females are stuffed full of eggs.The males are rubbing they are coming in red.The fish that are being caught are
coming out of reasonably clear water and this goes for bass also.
The good news is that the bass are ready to spawn also.

Now the other shoe is going to drop.Another cold front due in tomorrow night.Falling temps and scattered showers.

Good News: Should stabilize Saturday or Sunday with rising temps and warmer weather.What does this mean? I don't have a clue.I
am out there flapping with the rest of you.We went from lemons to grapefruit.And you can't make lemonade out of grapefruit.

If you are down here and need help, "holler" and I will try to help you the best I can.Let's all hope for tight lines for a change!!!!
Thanks, Steve 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]