TVA Public Meeting - Wheeler Lake

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on April 02, 2002 at 00:21:12:

Just another reminder about the meeting tuesday (tomorrow night) at the Holiday Inn in Decatur from 5:30pm - 8:30pm.

I am curious why they scheduled a 3 hour meeting. Either they have an elaborate presentation or they will feed us. Given the timing of this meeting, I am hoping they will feed us! (grin)

In any case, I will be there although I am not very optomistic, at this point, as to what will actually be accomplished. I sincerely hope I am wrong and TVA is really wanting to listen to the comments and ideas of those of us who are interested in the management of Wheeler and other lakes managed by TVA.

I know I sound pessimistic, but remember that this is a "U.S. government" agency.

Never-the-less, I have my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath. (grin)

If you have ever complained about the way TVA handles Wheeler lake's levels, then you really should try to attend this meeting. What's that they say? "Show up or shut up." Whether it makes a difference or not this is, at the very least, a chance to voice your opinion to TVA directly, right or wrong, good or bad.

http://www.tva.gov/feature_rostudy/index.htm

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: