Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 3-26-2002, Crappie Update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on March 26, 2002 at 19:59:36:

DATE: 03-26-02

CRAPPIE UPDATE: Surface temp when I put in the water was 62.5 and when I came out it was 60.2.The crappie that I caught were
shallow and it looked like they liked the 3-4 foot water.The surface temp and the middle temp are very close to the same.I didn't
catch a lot, 24.They had their spawning colors on.Most of what we caught were males.These fish are wanting to spawn bad.We
have had another cold front come thru today with rain and high winds.Low tonight is to be 38, which is ridiculous for this time of
year.Wind got up today 15-25 mph out of the NW.Took my guide party to Waterhouse.Fished for stripe and white bass.Boated 78
white bass.Anything to keep them busy.One of which is a young man of 13.He had a ball!He was right there with the dip net
everytime somebody had a fish.Fished Dead Boy, no birds.Water clarity was pretty good.White bass and yellow bass were
plentiful.Crappie were a little skinny.Fished Godfrey's Island, water clarity was great.Crappie strong until the wind came up.Saw the
birds working in the flat but didn't go there.Went to Waterhouse, very few crappie, a lot of white bass and yellow bass.The areas I
fished the water clarity was fine.The rain we have had last night and today I do not believe has been enough to hurt us.If the
weather, wind and lake level will remain stable, along with water temps, these crappie are going to spawn.If anybody out there
wants to buy my part of the month of March it is for sale :-(. Tomorrow I am eating breakfast at 8 instead of 7 to let it warm up a
bit.Thanks, Steve 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]