Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on March 21, 2002 at 21:43:00:

DATE: 3-21-02
LAKE LEVEL: 562.7
FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 58 in am - 62 in pm
WATER CLARITY: Detailed in report

WATER CLARITY: Powerhouse- looks good
Slackland Slough- looks good
Churchhouse- pretty good shape, little muddy in back but moving towards the front
Anderson: Dingy in back, good most of the way
Bay Springs: Little dingy in the back, good in the middle.
Crazy Woman: Not bad at all, little bit of tint but not much.
Yellow Creek: Good shape
Check with Riverside, upriver about the same as it was yesterday.
Cowan Creek: muddy at the back and moving towards the mouth.
Paddle Boat: Not bad at all.
I burnt up 32 gallons of gas to give you this report and I also caught 6 fish in a 30 mph wind.I tried to turn lemons into lemonade
today but it didn't work.

CRAPPIE: Hurricane winds here today.Blue Bird sky.Fishing tough as nails.What few fish I caught were shallow.1 1/32 18-20 inches
deep.Will this hold true for tomorrow, I doubt it.We are going to break a record for cold temps tonight.Triple Blue seems to be the
color for the last few day.

STRIPE: Saw stripe working in the mouth of Tillery Cove. Birds working big time on them.Saw birds working heavy around
Sailboat.Trolled up 3. The gentleman I am fishing with does not care for them but I enjoyed it.

WHITE BASS: The birds are working white bass in Godfrey's Island out in the flat, also in Dead Boy and Waterhouse and a little bit
on the river channel.

BASS: With the blue-bird sky and the cold front, I think chartreuse dynamite on the drops would work real well.

CATFISH: A lot of them.Crappie rib cages and crappie eggs work the best.And I know you are saying "how in the thunder do I fish
with crappie eggs?" Steal your wife's pantyhose.Put the eggs in the bottom of the hose, use a twist tie to close it and put your hook
thru the panty hose.The big fish are being caught around the fish cleaning stations.Bay Springs Marina,(Ask for permission to fish
first, I am sure the answer will be yes) JR's Marina (Again ask permission first) Riverside (ask permission first).

We are going to have the worst cold front in the history of March.Surface temps today dropped almost 9 degrees and I look for it to
drop another 5-8 tonight.We are all in the same boat.We be flapping! I will be working hard the next few days and I will try to do a
report everynight but I make no promises.Depends on the number of emails and phone calls I have to answer. "As The Lake Burns"
Good Fishing and Tight Lines to All! Thanks, Steve, Butch & Harry

PS: Just because the lake is up does not mean for you to let down your guard.You can still have a 1/2 off prop sale here.Just use
some common sense and your lake map.Also in going into some of the coves, especially upriver, you really should ask the marina
operator how to get into them if you don't already know.

256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]