Weiss Lake Fishing Report - crappie update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on March 20, 2002 at 20:13:14:

DATE:3-20-02
LAKE LEVEL: 562.6
FULL POOL:564.0
SURFACE TEMP:64 in am -69 in pm
WATER CLARITY: Good in most places, this could change with recent rains.

CRAPPIE: Water clarity in Dead Boy is pretty good.With the rain who knows? Caught shallow fish 2-3 foot deep pulling a 1/32 at 1.4
troll speed.Went into Waterhouse, right finger fished the stumps in the shallow end pull a 1/32 at 1.4 troll speed.Caught a few
crappie, couldn't keep the white bass off.Harry fished this the 19th and limited out on white bass and had 19 crappie.I moved over
to Godfrey's Island and saw the birds working either white bass or stripe in the flat today, party did not want to fool with them.They
wanted crappie only.Pulling a 1/32 up the right arm.Had 16 good fish at 9:30 and here comes the hurricane.Set underneath a boat
dock for about 2 hours while lightning popped around us.When the lightning let up I took my wife's husband to the bank cause
nobody thinks more of that boy than me.I am seeing suspended fish in 8-10 feet of water about 4-5 feet down, and can catch a
few.But the fish in 2-3 foot seem to be more aggressive.And I am sure this pattern holds the same all over the lake.With the dark day
triple blue has been the color.Butch was shooting docks and got bombed out, he started throwing a float with a jig in between the
dock and did ok before he got run off the water.With the cold front coming in, they are probably going to pull back to 8-10 feet
deep.Can you take this to the bank? I don't know.The crappie are in a spawning phase.The males are red and the females are
busting with eggs.If Mother Nature will calm down it could be huge! I will do a fishing report every night that I am able to do so.This
depend and emails and so forth to answer but will update as often as I can.

Crappie fishing is totally unpredictable.It all depends on Mother Nature and sometimes she is right hateful.You take a lemon and
try to make lemonade out of it and that is the best that you can do.Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't.Thanks, Steve,Butch
& Harry www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]