Update Re: Weiss Lake Guide Service for 3-17-2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on March 18, 2002 at 21:47:26:

In Reply to: Weiss Lake Guide Service for 3-17-2002 posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on March 17, 2002 at 19:37:28:

The following is a follow-up to yesterday's fishing report:

CRAPPIE: I fished Spring Creek, next to Cowan Creek. The water is in great shape until you get to about 2/3's in under the
bridge.She turned very muddy from there on back.I marked a lot of fish just under the bridge in 8-10 foot of water.Suspended 4-5
feet down.Caught some but I hit them early and the wind was high.I couldn't keep my bait in the strike zone.I moved up to Three
Mile Creek.The water in the mouth of Three Mile is in bad shape.About middle ways on back is in good shape.I didn't mark many
fish, didn't do real good.Moved from Three Mile to Godfrey's Island. The water close to the river channel is muddy.However, the
water the water from the 1st right turn on back is in good shape.Marked a lot of fish and caught some fish.The fish were 3-5 feet
suspended pulling a 1/32 oz jig on a 1.2 troll speed.We had 28.Which ain't great but it ain't bad.The 28 we had would probably
weigh 28lbs. The weather has been terrible.Today the winds calmed and we did ok in the afternoon.We probably caught 60-70 and
kept 28. The color of the day was triple green and bubble gum.Tried them all but they seem to work the best.

STRIPE: Got into the stripe in Spring Creek back by the bridge.Birds were working real good in the area.Trolling a 1/32 oz Mrs.
Cheryl's jigs, green & bubble gum.They weren't great big but they were 5-12 lbs.They were a lot of fun on 6lb test line and
ultra-light rods.The fish are just now starting to act like they are supposed to.Fishing is hard work.Ask me and I will tell you.Harry got
into them also on the old river channel right outside Tucker Cove.Saw a lot of birds working about the middle of Godfrey's but we
were catching crappie and I didn't go look.

WHITE BASS: There is about a jillion of them in Dead Boy and Waterhouse working underneath the birds.Pulling a 1/32 oz jig at
about a 1.4 troll speed.Bubble Gum, Green and triple blue.

The lake is almost full pool but our friends and neighbors at Alabama Power are jerking it back down.It has effected the fish in the
shallow coves.They are pulling back to 10-12 feet of water suspended 3-5 feet deep.This is what was going on today and who in the
thunder knows what will happen tomorrow. Thanks, Steve 256-927-6617 http://www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]