G-ville area this weekend

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shad Lips on March 17, 2002 at 23:21:34:

I had to work Saturday so I let a friend of mine from out of town use my boat. He caught some crawly bottoms (log perch) from the wall just below G-ville dam and tried for some smallmouth and spotted bass where I caught them last weekend. He said that they were biting like crazy but the weather scared him from fishing any more in the boat after an hour or so. Before leaving he went back to the wall to catch a few more minnows and talked to several folks who were catching stripers and hybrids from 5-12 lbs. I also got the same report about stripers from my nephew.

I planned to fish below the dam Sunday morning with the crawly bottoms he had caught, but the TVA website said that they would not generate until 9:00 PM. Because of all the rain I was doubtful but I took them at their word.(BIG MISTAKE) They generated most of the day and with the overcast conditions we had today I would have caught 4-6 dozen bass as well as plenty of stripers. I've still got the minnows in an aerated tank so I can use them next Sunday.

I decide to bass fish in the G-ville Lake this morning with hopes of catching some hawgs. Unfortunately I didn't find any big ones but managed a few in the 1.5 -3.5 lb range on a 1/2 oz white terminator spinerbait. I threw and cranked rattletraps of different colors until my arm was sore with no luck whatsoever, which surprised me. The fish I caught today were in 2-5 feet of water around emerging grass in the Goose Pond and North Sauty creek areas.

I had no Saint Patrick's Day luck today with my equipment. My depth finder with the temperature guage died this morning and I think that severely handicapped my efforts today. Unfortunately I found a stump on the way back to the Goose Pond boat launch and knocked a blade completely off my aluminum prop. I'm thankful that I didn't have my stainless prop on because a full throttle strike would have probably done some major damage to my lower unit. Does anyone know if I can have my "new two bladed prop" restored back to three blades? Good Luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]