Weiss Lake Guide Service for 3-17-2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on March 17, 2002 at 19:37:28:

DATE: 3-17-02
LAKE LEVEL: 562.7
FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 55 in am - 68 in pm today
WATER CLARITY: Dingy in some places and good in others.

CRAPPIE: I would like to apologize for not making a report sooner, but I come in just dog tired.By the time I get the emails
answered I am toast.Stick a fork in me for I was done!
Fished Don & his father on the 12th & 13th.Fished in a pouring rain on Tuesday and we had 48 on the 12th.Fished the 13th, but
the area I had fished on the 12th had turned muddy.Had 6 fish at 1pm, got lucky and finished out the day with 45.Fished the 14th
with Mike and had 14.Fished the 15th with Mike and had a decent day.We had 30.Fished the 16th and had 17.Fished today with
Steve and had 14 crappie a 2 jillion white bass. Ok sportsfans, the pattern that I have found if there is one, is trolling 1 1/32 a long
way behind the boat.I am fishing in 2-3 foot of water as of today.I can't tell that color makes a whole lot of difference.Blue worked,
green worked. blue/green/blue worked, bubble gum worked.There may be more crappie shallower than I can troll.You might get in
there and start pitching floats towards the bank and work it back. The water I am fishing is just a big flat.I wanted to fish Powerhouse
today but the wind was so bad that it just wasn't going to happen.Is there fish there? Yes, I think so.My troll speed was about 1.8
today and whether you fish Weiss or Kentucky Lake, when the water temp gets 65+ that is where they are going to be.All the males
we caught today had been rubbing.They were red as fire.All of them had on their spawning colors.Crappie fishing has made me
very humble this year.Now lets talk about the water color.Godfrey's Island is excellent.Dead Boy is a little dingy at the mouth, purty
good on into the cove,Tucker is bad dingy at the mouth but good after you get in (Be CAREFUL going in).Waterhouse is muddy at
the mouth but good shape after you get in.Trotters is a little dingy in the mouth but good shape after you get in.River is muddy
around the #95 pole.Now you know where I fished and what I did.

WHITE BASS: Heavy concentrations in all the areas mentioned above.Follow the birds.If you want to take a child fishing and keep
him busy then now is the time to do it with white bass.

BASS: I am not bass fishing right now but have talked to a lot of bass fishermen lately.They are doing pretty good on pumpkin-seed
lizards, Rat'l Trap's in the shallows, Crankbaits on the long points.

STRIPE: I do not have a clue.

CATFISH: Same as always come get what you want from around the fish cleaning stations.They are still strong up at Riverside and
Bay Springs and JR's.Anywhere there is fish cleaning activity.

The lake is close to summer pool.Will it stay there? I do not know.But do not let this give you a feeling of confidence about running
Weiss Lake.If you don't know your way into and out of some of the coves then you can get your bones in trouble.By the way, Harry
kicked my booty today, he had 16 and Butch took the day off.He is a woos! If I can be of help as always I am glad to do so.You can
meet me at Coyote's in Leesburg for breakfast at 7am anytime except Sunday's.I am always glad to share what little I know.Look for
you there! Bring your own crying towel.(LOL).Thanks, Steve 256-927-6617 http://www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]