Regarding Jigs Re: Crappie Theories

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on March 17, 2002 at 00:32:11:

In Reply to: Re: Crappie Theories posted by Kerry Grissett on March 17, 2002 at 00:11:48:

Almost forgot to talk about jigs and the "conspiracy". (grin)

I think it may have something to do with confidence. If you have never had much luck with jigs, then you are not likely to use them much and by that fact alone, won't catch many fish on them. I have seen it time and time again. I have also seen it time and time again that jigs will out-produce minnows most of the time! There are times when minnows do better (dead heat of summer, etc.), but my experience is that jigs seldom do worse and usually do better than minnows, especially in the fall and spring.

Like I said, it is probably a confidence thing. If you haven't seen or experienced catching crappie on jigs, then you will probably not do as well with them. But, take my word for it (or not) there is no conspiracy about jigs. They produce if you take the time to learn how to use them and then USE them. I use jigs 99.999 percent of the time for crappie and do pretty well most of the time! It will take some effort, but the payoff is worth it.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]