Re: Crappie Theories

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Katfish on March 16, 2002 at 22:24:14:

In Reply to: Crappie Theories posted by Billy on March 15, 2002 at 15:42:11:

Since crappies are schoolin' fish, I have always tried to fish during school hours. And perhaps more crappie are interested in taking the causeway class, especially in the spring when the sun is shinin' bright. Catch the most popular crappie in the class first, because he is always surrounded by friends. Then tie a balloon to his butt and put him back in so he can swim back to the classroom. Since all the others saw him eat your minner first, they will want to do the same thing he did. Plus, he won't tell them what really happened because it would make him look stupid. By the way, there are a few crappie in FaithPlace Pond. I caught one last winter accidentally. It was real big. Had cast a little bitty curly tail jig on about 6lb test line to a tree top that you don't know is there(cause I sunk it when you wasn't around!). My hands was ice cold and my fingers hurt, so for a minute I stopped reelin' and put my hands in my pockets to get warm. When I took em back out and started to reel my little jig in, that big ole crappie about scared me to death. He had ate up my little jig while I wasn't lookin. Put him back for you to catch too. We gonna have fun.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]