Re: Rattle Traps 101

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on March 15, 2002 at 13:17:52:

In Reply to: Re: Rattle Traps 101 posted by jamesM on March 13, 2002 at 21:21:43:

I think the key is to try different things with it until something works. One constant is that is usually helps to be ticking the grass. A few years back at G'ville, I was fishing shallow in a cove and getting nothing. I decided to turn around a fish right out in the middle of the cove. I fished a 1/2 oz. trap in 12 ft. of water by counting it down, and then retrieving it somewhat slowly so that I could feel it hit something every now and then. On about my second or third cast, I caught a keeper. Another cast or two I caught another keeper, then a good short fish. After a little while I caught a few more fish, then things kind of slowed down. I was about at the point of giving up when I decided to pause during my retrieve. When I started reeling again, I had a 5 pounder on. Another time I was fishing a 3/4 oz. trap in 2-3 ft. of water. I had to reel pretty fast to fish it in that depth. I could tell my partner was skeptical, that is until I pulled in a 5.25 pounder. It was a tough fishing day, and that was the only keeper we had. My point is to just try different things with it, and trust it, it will work.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]