Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 3-11-2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on March 11, 2002 at 19:16:08:

DATE: 3-11-02
LAKE LEVEL: 561.8
FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 48 in am - 53 in pm
WATER CLARITY: Good

CRAPPIE: Fished Saturday the 9th with Mike & Freddie in my boat and Butch had Carl & Carl in his.Saturday we had 108 between
the two of us.Carl caught 3 REALLY NICE fish.One 3+, the others high 2's.Sunday I fished Bob & Dave in a 40 mph wind.Wind chill
was 21.We had 8 fish.Monday I fished Scott, Chuck and their father Charlie.First fish that Charlie caught was a 3.2. For an 82 year
old man he struts his stuff.We only had 21 keepers but they were all good fish.Now down to the nitty gritty.
Fished a creek channel, 18-20 ft. deep and the fish were suspended 8-10 feet down.Marked a lot of fish and the way they were
schooled I know they were crappie.They hit bubble gum and they hit blue.But they really didn't want anything today.

BASS: I am catching a lot of bass trolling. And they seem to eat up anything blue.The bass I am catching are on the break line of
about 6-8 feet.Saturday I had 5 on at one time.

STRIPE: Stripes are still hot and heavy along with the white bass .Catching them on 1/16th oz. jigs, hyper-stripers trolling
Waterhouse, Dead Boy.Also fishing out of Bay Springs and just out in the channel out from the Hawg's Den.

CATFISH: Catfish are still strong.Riverside area still strong and fish cleaning stations are still a great place to catch them.

The lake is still low.We are on our way up but it is still dangerous, so please be careful out there.I am getting sick of
lemons.Hopefully with the weather forecast, if it remains good, then the fishing will just get better.Let you know how I do.Everyone
is welcome to meet me at Coyote's in Leesburg for breakfast! Good Fishing to Everyone! Steve 256-927-6617
http://www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]