Re: There are more and BIGGER LM bass in Guntersville

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by J.DURAND on March 10, 2002 at 10:23:44:

In Reply to: There are more and BIGGER LM bass in Guntersville posted by Kerry Grissett on March 05, 2002 at 00:05:17:

Somewhere around 7-10 years ago my Dad,my cousin And I were fishing one of those great Lake Guntersville BREAM beds, after a couple of hours of catching those nice size gills, my cousin had snagged another bluegill and was playing him in, as we were staying as for off of the bed as we could throw, about half the way in to the boat man that bluegill turned it on. The closer he got it into the boat the harder it fought. Finally he got the fish within eye sight and the bluegill turned out to be what looked like about an 8# to 10# ol bigmouth. That old largemouth dove for the bottom when he saw us for about 10 seconds and then the 4# test went limp. We were shocked
and after our discussion over how big it was cuz starts reeling in his line to discover a good 3/4 to 1# bluegill still hooked on his cricket hook (but a little bit warped up and kinda mangled up a bit)! I bet that old largemouth thought twice about the next bluegill he started after!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]