How does depth finder work?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike K on March 07, 2002 at 22:01:29:

reading the post below about splicing the t/m wires to add a depth finder made me think of a crazy thing that actually happened to me years ago. I was doing product promotions in a WalMart in Oklahoma. A lady (I use this term loosely...) came up to my booth and began to chew me out because her son's new Hummingbird "fish finder" wouldn't work. i calmly asked her if the power was hooked up properly.YUP. Was the unit getting any type of readout? YUP. Was the unit giving the depths correctly? YUP.YUP.YUP. Everything sounded ok, so I asked why she thought it was not working properly. She said that it would "draw" a picture of all the different size fish under the boat, but it would not "draw" her son's picture when he was mussel diving under the boat!!! Seemed that she was topside for safety reasons and they had bought the Humminbird so she could "see" her son and feel more comfortable about what he was doing down under... Geez! These new Aqua Cameras weren't invented yet, but that's what she thought she was buying! We gave her a full refund....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]