Re: Trolling Motor Problems

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lynn on March 07, 2002 at 20:29:42:

In Reply to: Trolling Motor Problems posted by Mark on March 07, 2002 at 18:52:53:

If you know how to take the trolling motor apart, it is very simple to fix. One trick to getting it back together is to put a small scratch on the seams to make it easier to line up when putting it back together. Make sure you get the gaskets back right or you will have more trouble than you care to. Now the problem-When you get the motor apart, there will be some very thin washer-like pieces on the shaft that leads to the propeller. There will be anywhere from 5 to 15 of them. They are about as thin as paper. Take these off and put all of them back on exept the first and last one. Put the smallest dab of oil on the ones remaining. Problem solved. Guanteed to be as quite as new as long as you get everything back together as it should be. If you have never had one apart, find someone that has to help. The first one I did, I didn't get one gasket on right and it filled full of water and cost much more money than I would have liked!!!! There would have been a recall on these trolling motors if OMC hadn't known they were filing for bankruptcy. Good luck and good fishing!!!! Email me if you have any problems.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]