perfect place for fish fry/get together

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike K on March 03, 2002 at 18:31:03:

Anyone interested in the fish fry get-together will be glad to hear about this new development.
I have arranged with my brother, Jim 'Katfish' Kelley, and his lovely wife, to allow us to use their private lake for our get-together. Located just off Hwy 72 in Athens, it is surrounded by 6' chain link fencing and barbed wire topping. In other words, it's private and we can enjoy it without any disruption or COST!
They have a small clubhouse with a deck overlooking the 3 acre pond/lake and a pier extending about 30 ft into the lake. The pond/lake has about a ZILLION bluegill(about the size of your hand or bigger).Bass are also stocked in the lake and some are reaching 8 lbs or better. The catfish are fed and average about 3-5 lbs each. Of course, it's CATCH and RELEASE for all species but BLUEGILL.
They are wonderful folks and we are lucky they have extended a welcome to our posters here. Katfish is well known in local circles as the SOUTHERN BANKER. He and myself are both mid 40's with a lifetime of fishing stories! If anyone remembers Katfish from his radio days, you'll remember that his wife is called MUDCAT...
Please respond to this post or e-mail me asap so we can get a head count. Anytime will be ok with Kat and Mudcat.
Watch out, he will be posting here soon. I'm sure he'll be talking that SOUTHERN BANKER talk! Thanks, Katfish and Mudcat!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]