Update Re: Weiss Lake Fishing Report For 2-22-2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on February 24, 2002 at 16:10:14:

In Reply to: Weiss Lake Fishing Report For 2-22-2002 posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on February 24, 2002 at 16:07:39:

Better late than never...

DATE: 2-23-02

CRAPPIE UPDATE: First of all I am eating breakfast at a brand new restaurant.It is Coyotes in Leesburg just passed the Citgo at the
light on Hwy 411. If you need a little help meet me there at 6:30 (I will be gone by 7) and I will be glad to help you all I can.
TODAY: Tough fishing.Blue bird skies, severe drop in water surface temp.Turned lemon into lemonade.We had 24 keepers.But we
had some really good fish.Fishing one 1/16th as far as you could throw it and a taste. I am really, really picky on the length we have
our jigs out.So much so that I am looking at where the line hits the water and I want them all to touch the same no matter what
length my rod is.The fish for me bit the best at 1.3 on the troll speed.I am not sure what it would register on a GPS.But, if you are
not consistent on line length, you are flapping. Bubble Gum, for me, worked the best.Did I try green or blue? No. If it ain't broke
don't fix it. I had 3 trail boats and I am trying my best to help them.One had 5, one had 3 and the other one wouldn't tell me. They
had no troll speed indicators.Hard for me to help them after that.This has been the craziest weather in February in 15 years.We lost
4 degrees in surface temp with blue bird skies. They say that the Good Lord will not put on you more than you can take, Lord I have
had about all I can take! The only concellation to today's trip was that we had some really nice fish. The fish seem to be about 1
foot off the bottom no matter what depth you fish. I fished 3-10. I caught fish about a foot off the bottom in 3 and I caught fish
about a foot off the bottom in 10. You will catch more fish between 7 and 9 am than you will all day unless it clouds over, then you
should catch fish all day.Do not send me any more emails about the best time to come.It all depends on the weather and even the
weatherman cannot predict that.The trick is to turn lemons into lemonade. I will try to keep you updated the very best I can.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]