[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on February 24, 2002 at 16:07:39:

Better late than never...

DATE: 2-22-02
LAKE LEVEL: 560.1
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 48 in am - 52 in pm
WATER CLARITY: Good

CRAPPIE: Fished Mike & Christopher on Thursday out of Atlanta. We had 26 in a hurricane. Fish were about 6 feet deep in 7 feet
of water and caught fish 3 feet deep in 3 feet of water.Bubble Gum was the color. Fished Randall, Carl & Rosa from Kentucky
today. The fish were right on the bottom. No matter what water depth you were in they were right on the bottom. Fished 12-14 feet
deep at .5 speed with one 1/16 oz. bubble gum jig.Fished 7-8 feet deep at 1.3 and fish were right on the bottom.Fished 4 feet
deep at 1.6 and the fish were right on the bottom.Bubble Gum and Red/Blue/White was all that worked today. The fish bit great
early but slowed down after the sun got up.Finished with 48 keepers. We had one that went 3 1/2. First 3+ fish this year. Contrary to
popular belief, a 3 & 1/2 +, one a year so I guess I am done for the year.Hope this helps.

BASS: SLOW

CATFISH: All you want.Come and get them.had the 65 pounder the other day off my dock where we clean fish.

STRIPE: Badly scattered.Cannot get a pattern on them yet.

The water is still low. Unless you know the upriver area do not go.Catch you in a day or two. There has been another cold front go
thru and I do not know what it will do to things for the next few days.Let you know.Thanks, Steve 256-927-6617
www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]