Re: SPOONBILLING INALABAMA

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike on February 23, 2002 at 06:15:01:

In Reply to: SPOONBILLING INALABAMA posted by PHILLIP M on February 21, 2002 at 22:12:56:

I have only seen 2 spoonbills in my life and that was 25 years ago, one 6 ft long caught on a trot line and one 4 ft long caught in a gill net. They came out of the Warrior River.

Someone mentioned Miss allows snagging. I would email lawenforcement@mdwfp.com to see if spoonbills are allowed.

Good fishing and God Bless!

Mississippi Reg's
http://www.mdwfp.com/fishing_regs.asp
There is no open season for snagging game fish. Illegally snagged fish (hooked further back than the gill covers) must be returned to the water immediately. Sport snagging (use of a handheld pole and attached line with single or multiple hooks) for non-game gross fish is allowed statewide Oct. 1 - Nov. 30, except in Muddy Bayou, below Ross Barnett Reservoir and Okatibbee Lake from spillway outlet to the end of the rip rap. Nongame gross fish are defined as all gar, eel, bowfin, common carp, paddlefish, all bullheads (yellow, black), all buffalo (smallmouth, bigmouth and black), spotted sucker, river carpsucker, quillback, highfin carpsucker, blacktail redhorse, freshwater drum, channel catfish and in navigable streams and lakes blue and flathead catfish.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]