Re: HYDROFOIL STABILIZER

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shad Lips on February 17, 2002 at 20:14:02:

In Reply to: HYDROFOIL STABILIZER posted by SMITH on February 17, 2002 at 16:29:21:

I have a 13 ft. 4 in.(gheenoe) with a 9.9 Mercury that would porpoise at top speed. A Stingray Jr. hydrofoil stabilizer stopped the porpoising and works great on it. I used to own a 14 ft. semi-v hull with a 30 HP Johnson that was slow to come out of the hole with two batteries and two fishermen with gear. I had an improved hole shot after installing a Stingray on it. The other boat that I have now is an 18 ft. Fisher with a 90 Hp Mercury. I'm experiencing porpoising problems with it now when I try to trim up. A Stingray didn't help it at all. From the info I've gathered at "boatdoctor.com", I've found that my problem is that the motor is mounted too low on the transom. You might want to ask for help at that web site for your specific problem. They seemed to steer me in the right direction and the price was very reasonable--"FREE". In a nutshell, my experience is that the stabilizers help with lower HP motors but not with larger ones.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]