understanding t'ment mentality

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by baitbucket on February 16, 2002 at 20:03:06:

I am noticing a lot of griping about these professional fishing nazis, and it seems to me that comparing the tournament angler to a weekend or pleasure angler is where you are making your mistake. the tournament angler does not view fishing the same way you do. suppose you bet $100 on UAB vs. Bama (nobody gives a *&%^ how UAB does); you are going to root like crazy for UAB to win the game. the point i'm trying to make is that serious tournament fishermen don't really fish for pleasure, or even have a nice, quiet, relaxing time on the water; they want to yank 5 fish in the boat - God forbid they jump and put on a show and spit out a hook - and they want to WIN. Even when there isn't a tournament, they are practicing for the next one, not taking the time to enjoy the simple pleasure of catching a few fish (or not) and being out of the house. I don't have any bad feelings for t'ment fishermen, I used to be one. then one day i did not enjoy fishing anymore - unless there was money involved. now that i have taken time to sit back and look at how ridiculous competitive fishing really is, i could kick myself for doing it in the first place. kinda like watching a football game when you don't have money on it, once you start betting on them, they just aren't that much fun to watch.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]